Invite more people to join in with your creative activities this May!
From 15 – 24 May, Voluntary Arts Week will shine a spotlight on the wide range of grassroots creative activity that takes place in towns, cities and villages right across the UK and Republic of Ireland– and all cultural groups are invited to join in!
Whether you’re part of a choir, knitting group, drama company, amateur orchestra or a venue that hosts creative activity – anyone who promotes getting creative purely for the love of it can take part in Voluntary Arts Week and benefit from some extra publicity. The idea behind the week is to showcase current activity – and encourage newcomers to join in.
There are lots of ways to get involved. Click on the links for more details:
- Take your talent outside and stage a ‘Flashmob’ in a public space – www.voluntaryartsweek.org/flashmob/
- Get crafty in public as part of the nationwide ‘CraftBomb’ and help launch Voluntary Arts Week on 15 May – www.voluntaryartsweek.org/craftbomb/
- Take part in ‘Woollen Woods’ and have your work displayed in one of 5 outdoor craft exhibitions this May –www.voluntaryartsweek.org/woollen-woods/
- Hold a ‘come and try’ taster session that invites newcomers to ‘have a go’ and join in with your activities –www.voluntaryartsweek.org/plan-event/
- Already planning something that takes place during Voluntary Arts Week? Register your activity and invite new people to join you – http://www.voluntaryartsweek.org/ list-event/
Celebrate the nations creativity and inspire more people to ‘take part’ this Voluntary Arts Week.
If you have any questions, please contact Cassandra on:
0131 561 7333
2 April 2015