Sharing Seminar 22 June in Kent
Date: 22nd June 2018
11.30am – 4pm The Woodville, Gravesend
Join us for lunch and to share learning on your recent work with families, older family members, partnership working, and collaborative activity.
Sharing discussions: The morning will be a chance to share and hear from other Family Arts Networks and local organisations on recent activity. We ask that attendees come ready to discuss their recent work with families, and where possible contribute a short presentation (of up to 10 minutes). Sharing can include recent work with older family members, and will include learning from recent age-friendly projects run by local Family Arts Networks.
Reaching families & older people
The afternoon will include two in-depth case studies into reaching families and older people.
- Marketing to Families: a case study from Dave Yard, Head of Marketing for the Gulbenkian, who will share key marketing lessons learnt from their bOing! International Family Festival, which has seen its audience grow from 2,500 to 11,000 since 2014. This will include:
- marketing insights
- working with local partners
- engaging with the community
- building campaigns
- exciting the press
- creating a total experience for the whole family
2. Reaching Older People: Shelley Rhodes, Older Peoples’ Services Manager at Involve Kent will talk us through how the organisation successfully works with Older People in the Maidstone Borough. Involve work with older community members in a number of ways, including a regular events calendar of participatory arts activities. We will look at:
- Referrals: Working with other organisations to reach older people in the community.
- Criteria: Ensuring that isolated clients are prioritised for our service.
- Wellbeing: Getting clients involved dependant on their needs.
- Challenges: What challenges are met and how we attempt to overcome them.
- Progression: What we have learnt about working with isolated older people.
You don’t need to be a member of a local Family Arts Network to attend the session, just interested in collaborative working in order to reach new families. For more information on current Family Arts Networks and how they operate please click here.
Lunch and tea and coffee will be provided.
To reserve your free place please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
20 May 2018